Becket Chambers offers expert advice and representation in all areas of Contract Law. Our Barristers have particular experience of resolving disputes through litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute solving procedures.
Equally important is the role we play in advising our clients so that they avoid disputes in the first place. If you are concerned about a potential dispute arising, we can help you prevent it from happening through careful planning, drafting and specialist advice.
We recognise the importance of providing value to our clients and our Clerks will gladly discuss fees in advance of instructions.
Areas of specialisation include:
- Building Disputes – acting and advising in, for example, construction or conveyancing disputes, rent and lease renewals and dilapidations
- Breach of Contract – for example non-payment of fees, termination of contract or claims resulting from defective work
- Fraud – we can advise and act on a number of matters relating to both civil and corporate fraud, in particular those issues relating to the 2007 Money Laundering Regulations. Fraud issues can overlap both civil and criminal investigations and our barristers’ experience spans all areas of practice
- Misrepresentation – where false or fraudulent claims have been made whether negligently or not
- Specific Performance – achieving remedies to issues of contract law, for example ensuring appropriate damages are awarded, or challenging levels of damages