The Family Finance team at Becket Chambers specialises in all aspects of matrimonial and family finance, from cases concerning modest assets through to high value cases. Members have considerable experience in dealing with injunctive relief, businesses, trusts, third party interests and cases involving an international dimension.
Our members regularly deal with applications for financial provision for children and other relief following the breakdown of a relationship.
- Fair division of the assets following separation
- Financial orders for children
- Transfer of tenancies
- Cases involving companies, partnerships or trusts
- Inherited or pre-acquired wealth
- Family property rights on insolvency
- Cases involving assets acquired from third parties, whether by gift or loan
We also have expertise in related financial applications such as:
- Schedule I of the Children Act 1989
- Providing advice on calculations under the Child Support Act 1991
- Applications under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Applications under the Married Women’s Property Act 1882
The team has experience and expertise in appearing in courts at all levels within the Family Court.
We also undertake and act for clients in cohabitee disputes. Several members of the team are also qualified mediators.