Becket Chambers are continuing to assess the developing situation in relation to Covid-19. We are reviewing the situation daily and will continue to take advice and follow guidance from the Government, Bar Standards Board and Bar Council.
All of our systems are cloud based, and as such our clerking team are able to work remotely so we will be able to continue to operate as normal. We will though be implementing the following procedures:
- We will aim to provide as much notice as practically possible when switching Counsel or cases. As you will appreciate this may be at short notice depending on how matters progress.
- We will offer our clients the option of telephone / skype conferences, rather than face to face.
- For the foreseeable future, to reduce the risks we will be insisting that case papers are emailed through as we will not be accepting hard copies.
- We will require those clients who have bookings with us, and that have suffered or a suffering symptoms of Covid-19, to declare this information to us.
Health and safety
No doubt you will already be aware of key measures to be taken to protect yourself and your staff, and customers and suppliers you are in physical contact with. You will undoubtedly have already read much on this topic so we will not cover it again here. If needed, further advice is contained in the government guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Whatever your personal views on the coronavirus and the reaction of governments and individuals worldwide, it is becoming increasingly clear that the human and economic impact will be significant. Most of all we hope to be able support you as best as we can even if the government implements more stringent measures and court hearings are reduced/cancelled . We will be able to offer assistance by:
- Attending virtual courts by telephone/Skype
- Case Conferences (via telephone or Skype)
- Direct Access Conferences (via telephone or Skype)
- Mediation Appointments inc. Intake appointments and MIAM’s (via Skype)
- Drafting documents and advices.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide regular updates where possible.
Thank you for your understanding.