Becket Chambers will provide an efficient and professional service to our clients. This service includes not only the preparation and presentation of your case but also the associated system for bookings, fee negotiation and billing.
The Clerks will wherever possible:
- Answer telephone queries within one working day.
- Acknowledge correspondence within two working days – dealing with the matter as expeditiously as possible.
- Post back any papers that are requested to be returned to Solicitors within 2 working days of the request.
- Ensure that cost estimates are provided upon request or within one working day.
- Notify Instructing Solicitors of any potential clashes in the diary or change of Counsel being necessitated at the time of booking or as soon as the problem becomes apparent.
- Also assisting with arrangements for alternative Counsel that need to be made.
- Ensure Instructing Solicitors are provided with a final fee note within 14 days after the conclusion of the case.
The members of Chambers will; unless otherwise agreed with the Instructing Solicitor:
- Notify the results of the case to the Instructing Solicitors by telephone or email within 24 hours of the hearing concluding.
- Complete paperwork within 10 working days of receipt of the full instructions being received (unless agreed otherwise).
- Comply with all deadlines and time limits imposed by statute or direction of the court (if advised of the same within reasonable time to effect compliance).
- Bill the case and provide the same to the Clerks within 48 hours of the hearing concluding.
- In the event of either the members of Chambers or the Clerks being unable to attend within the time limits stipulated above then Instructing Solicitors are to be notified immediately.
Chambers has a Quality Manual which sets out the procedures that staff, members and pupils must follow. This is subject to a rolling cycle of review conducted by the Management Committee. All comments as to how we can improve our service to you are therefore appreciated and will be incorporated in the review cycle.
Any concerns relating to the performance of this Service Level Agreement should be forwarded to Paul Eaton, Senior Clerk.
Should you remain dissatisfied with the standard of our work or otherwise feel badly treated we will provide to you upon request a copy of our complaints procedure together with alternative avenues for complaint.